We all need to work together to keep our athletes and families Covidsafe and stop the spread of Covid19. The QLD State Government has endorsed a CovidSafe plan for Little Athletics. To enable us to get back on the track athletes and families will need to adhere to the following guidelines.
If you or an athlete in your family is unwell please stay home and avoid physical contact with other people. You can attend Little Athletics if you have travelled overseas or interstate in the past 14 days, have had contact with a confirmed case of Covid19 or have been tested for Covid19 and are awaiting your results. If you are experiencing flu like symptoms please get tested.
Hygiene and Equipment
- Please observe the designated entry and exit gates
- Physical distancing is not required on the field of play, however we encourage all athletes and volunteers to maintain a safe distance where possible.
- Avoid physical contact including shaking hands, high fives or hugging.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m must be adhered to outside the field of play.
- Capacity limits will be enforced in the office, timing building and canteen
- Masks will be required in line with QLD Health directives in place at any point in time.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided for every age group and at every event station.
- Athletes and volunteers are to santitise your hands at the beginning and conclusion of every event.
- Equipment (including shot puts, discus, javelins, measuring tapes, rakes etc) are to be wiped down using wipes/sanitiser before and after each event. Each age group is responsible for ensuring this is done for each event rotation.
- Starting guns are to be sanitised before and after each person uses them.
- Athletes are to bring their own water bottles. No sharing of water bottles is permitted.
- Contactless payment is preferred for transactions in the office and canteen.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water after using the bathroom, before and after eating.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth.
Contact Tracing Requirements
- All athletes, volunteers and families MUST record your attendance at each athletics event.
- Please sign in using the Check In Qld app using your smart-phone camera
- Manual attendance register will be available at the front desk for anyone without access to a smartphone and cannot use the QR code check in.
- Records will be kept for 56 days in accordance with Govt Requirements.
For full details please refer to our CovidSafe Plan.