Please see our Regional/State Relay selection policy, which will be used in team selection from 2018/19.
REGIONAL and STATE RELAYS POLICY
One of the exciting events on our calendar each season is the Regional Relay competition, which is usually held in early November. This great day also serves as a selection meet for the State Relay competition held in December.
As the nomination for and selection of our teams for the November Regional Relays starts very early in our season we want to make sure that you are aware of the process for being a part of this and our selection and participation policies for that and the State Relays which follow.
For Field Events ..Long Jump, High jump, Discus, Shot Put
- For Regional Relays, athletes may nominate for the events in their age group and as long as they have competed at least once in the nominated events at Centre level in the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season, may compete at the Regional Relays.
- For State Relays, the results from the Regional Relays competition may enable the Centre to nominate an athlete in a field event team (this will be the best two performing athletes in each event, provided that their combined result is in the first four at Regional Relays)
For Track Events.. 4 x 100m Relay, 4 x 200m Relay, Medley Relay ( 2 x 200m 1 x 400m 1 x 800m) and Swedish Relay (1 x 100m 1 x 200m 1 x 300m 1 x 400m)
- For Regional Relays, athletes may nominate for the events in their age group as long as they have competed at least once in the nominated events at Centre level in the first 6 to 8 weeks of the season
- For State Relays, the results from the Regional competition may enable the Centre to nominate a team in a track event (provided they have finished in the first four at Regional Relays)
- Selection of Track Relay Teams will be determined from recorded performances of nominated athletes in order to maximise the opportunity of qualifying for and success at the State Relays. For Track Events nomination does not guarantee selection.
- The Composition of Track Relay Teams including the allocation of positions within the team will determined by the Centre and athletes selected must run in their nominated team, must run in their allocated position (leg) and must run the distance leg of the relay for which they are selected in medley and Swedish relays . The Centre reserves the right to select a team of four (4) competing athletes and two (2) reserves to cover for emergencies.
The Commitment Required when Nominating
It is Centre policy that we encourage all our athletes to consider nominating for these great events and as a part of that the Centre pays all nomination fees.
Please be aware that when considering nominating an athlete for the Relays, such nomination requires your commitment to:
- Ensuring your athlete(s) attend both Regional and State Relays on the nominated or back up dates. Please be aware of these dates and ensure that your athlete(s) are available.
- Ensuring your athlete(s) compete in all events for which they are nominated and/or selected
- Ensuring your athlete(s) comply with the selection of team running order (as determined by the Centre)
- Ensuring your athlete(s) are available to compete in an extra event when required by the team manager including competing up an age group should this be required to enable teams to compete on the day
- Advising the Centre should any medical or family emergency occur which impacts on these selections and competitions
As part of the nomination process you will be asked to sign up to this commitment and that will enable the Centre to move forward with selections and entries effectively.